I really do love it when people have a revelation when we discuss how their behavioural style predicts their responses and experiences.
I received a phone call from a client last week, she was so excited to tell me that, “I now understand why my husband responds like he does when I do what I do – repeatedly (by both of us). Through learning that we automatically respond differently due to our innate behavioural styles, we know understand each other; how we respond and how we are wired.” She went on to say, “our expectations of each other have changed, and it is like we are seeing, experiencing and appreciating each other for the first time in our 5 years, sometimes rocky, relationship.”
I was delighted to receive her call and hear the excitement in her voice. I was also surprised. It was a few months she attended one of our two-day Accredited Extended DISC Consultant & Trainer workshops, and she had just finished delivering her first DISC based workshop for a middle management team. It was during this session, and listening to what she, herself, was saying that the penny dropped. Finding out about yourself, and then about those around you, will help you in:
- building rapport and developing positive relationships at work and enhance your heart-to-heart connections
- improve your communication ability and achieve more positive outcomes with those you relate with and to
- understanding differences, and understanding others, enabling resolving of misunderstandings and conflict
- improving your workplace well-being and enjoyment, through self-knowledge, awareness
- identifying and develop your strengths to find and follow your flow at work
- strengthening relationships to help your areas of non-strengths
- assisting others to benefit from learning about themselves
Your DISC style and everyone has one, explains your observable behaviours and the emotions that you demonstrate daily. It is your DNA in action! How you walk, talk, speak, compete, drive, work, rest and play. To get started on your DISC life journey, you can simply return to read this blog regularly, or you can complete the online questionnaire to receive the report that best fits your current role in life. Your report and debriefing session can be purchased at a very reasonable price.
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” -Carl Jung